The Svyazinvest Group of companies is the largest telecommunications group in Russia and one of the largest telecommunications groups in the world. The charter capital of Svyazinvest is comprised of a consolidation of state-owned joint-stock telecom shares which were formed in the process of privatizing state telecom assets.
The main assets of the Svyazinvest Group include national telecom operator Rostelecom, Central Telegraph, Bashinformsvyaz, Moscow International Telegraph Station No. 9 (MMTS-9), Chukotkasvyazinform and Ingushelektrosvyaz and leading Russian design institute Giprosvyaz.
The subsidiaries and associates of Svyazinvest own more than 80% of the telecommunications infrastructure of the Russian Federation. The Group’s trunk networks provide telecom services to more than 90o% of the country’s population.
Svyazinvest Group companies are licensed to provide local, zonal, DLD and ILD telephony, as well as datacom, Internet, ISDN, wireless subscriber access, mobile telephony, telegraphic services, wireline radio broadcasting, and also telecom services for the purpose of cable and terrestrial broadcasting.
The core business area of the Svyazinvest Group is fixed-line telephony services. Nowadays, the Group’s fixed-line subscriber base numbers over 33 mln. In addition, the Group’s companies are making concerted efforts to phase in value-added services and offer its subscribers the most advanced telecommunications solutions, attempting to bolster commercial initiatives with infrastructural and technological innovations, and enabling customer care to reach a new level.
The main driver for the development of the Group’s companies will be the value-added services segment. The merged Rostelecom is the largest Internet provider in the regions of Russia, with a broadband Internet access subscriber base numbering some 6.75 mln users and controlling about 48% of the Russian datacom network services market. The Svyazinvest Group is also Russia’s fourth-biggest consolidated cellular operator in Russia, providing cellular services to 13.6 mln mobile subscribers.
Svyazinvest’s auditor is international audit firm KPMG.
Charter capital structure
Svyazinvest charter capital is over 20 billion rubles consisting of 20 079 598 884 ordinary shares with par value of one ruble. At present Svyazinvest securities are not offered for sale on stock markets.
The main shareholder of Svyazinvest OJSC is the Russian state (the Russian Federation) through the Federal Property Management Agency (75% minus one share). Rostelecom JSC owns the rest of equity capital (25% plus one share).